A variety of public, private and volunteer groups work to protect the Little Miami River, adjoining trail and corridor.
About 54 percent of the riverfront is protected.
Challenges, including residential development, still threaten its future.
He was interviewed by detectives and admitted to installing the cameras in the five apartments.
Here are 10 numbers that define the river and its value.
10 Things About the Little Miami River
1. 850,000 estimated number of annual visitors
2. 2,829 acres protected by Little Miami Conservancy
3. 1,094 acres protected by Ohio Department of Natural Resources
4. 300 insects, other small species living within Little Miami River Corridor
5. 109 Little Miami Conservancy river preserves
6. 105 miles of the Little Miami River
7. 89 miles designated National Wild & Scenic River
8. 85 fish species
9. 50 miles within Little Miami State Park
10. 5 counties the river runs through (Clark, Green, Warren, Clermont, Hamilton)
Sources: Ohio EPA, Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Little Miami Conservancy
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.