The salon, at 37 Hillside Court in Englewood, is open daily from 9:30 a.m.- 7 p.m. Greenberg recommends calling (937) 479-6994 to confirm hours and availability.
“I want people to forget about their troubles, relax and leave their stress behind for a few minutes,” Greenberg said. “There’s nothing better than a shower and a shampoo to make you feel whole again.”
The YMCA of Greater Dayton has also opened all 10 of its Greater Dayton facilities to anyone in need of showers.
While on site, visitors can recharge cell phones. Make sure to bring a photo ID with you. The showers will be available until 10 p.m. closing Friday, May 31. The Trotwood location closes at 9 p.m.
YMCA of Greater Dayton locations:
● Coffman YMCA: 88 Remick Blvd., Springboro
● Downtown YMCA: 316 N. Wilkinson St., Dayton
● Fairborn YMCA: 300 S. Central Ave., Fairborn
● Kleptz YMCA: 1200 W. National Road, Englewood
● Preble County YMCA: 450 Washington-Jackson Road, Eaton
● South YMCA: 4545 Marshall Road, Kettering
● West Carrollton YMCA: 900 S. Alex Road, West Carrollton
● Xenia YMCA: 336 Progress Drive, Xenia
● Y-NDC Trotwood YMCA: 506 E. Main St., Trotwood
● YMCA at the Heights: 7251 Shull Road, Huber Heights
Planet Fitness has opened its doors to the community for showers. There are two locations in the area, 4892 Airway Rd. in Dayton and 705 Lyons Rd. in Centerville. The locations are open Monday - Friday 24-hours a day and Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The gyms will also have water, charging stations and a place to relax.
The City of Dayton has made three recreational facilities available for showers.
Northwest Recreation Center, 1600 Princeton Dr. , Greater Dayton Recreation Center, 2021 W Third St. and Lohrey Recreation Center, 2366 Glenarm Ave. The centers are open 6 a.m.-9 p.m., M-F, Sat, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.