A first quarter traffic analysis in Centerville determined the top five roadways with the highest accident rates based on traffic volume.
The intersections are:
- Wilmington Pike between Whipp Road and Clyo Road
- E. Franklin Street between Main Street and Clyo Road
- S. Main Street between Spring Valley Road and Franklin Street
- Far Hills Avenue between Whipp Road and Alex Bell Road
- N. Main Street between Alex Bell Road and Franklin Street
Centerville police will be conducting selective enforcement in these areas to reduce the number of crashes in the second quarter, according to a release. Violations including speed, assured clear distance, improper lane changes, red light violations, driver inattention and seat belt violations will be strictly enforced.