There are many things that usher in the start of summer, but when local patios start seeing action, you know it's about to be on.
This week Lily's Bistro in the Oregon District will open up its back patio — one of the most glorious in our region — after being closed through the winter months.
Lily’s offers outdoor dining space out front and out back. The back patio feels like a little oasis.
It's the perfect spot to sip on a fresh craft cocktail or a seasonal beer or wine while you nosh on some delicious farm to table food.
It's a fun place to eat thanks to menus that are updated daily allowing for menus based on what local farmers have available, what products are in season, and what their kitchen team is feeling creatively.
Patio operations are always weather contingent, so if your heart is set on the patio and the weather is a little questionable, it’s best to call ahead to confirm if it’s open.
Here's a look at their hours and specials to take advantage of now that their patio is open for business.
>> Best of Dayton winners: Best patio
• Lunch: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday-Friday
• Brunch: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
• Dinner: 5-9 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, 5-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
• Local, Free-range, Fried Chicken Dinner (special menu only): 5-9 p.m. Sunday
• Happy hour: 5-7:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday
• Weekday lunch: $5 Bloody Marys
• Weekend Brunch: $5 beignets
• Tuesday nights are 1/2 price bottles of select wines and $5 sangria
• Wednesday night is PUNCH night $5/glass $20/carafe
• Thursday nights are “Curious Cocktail” night
Contact this contributing writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WANT TO GO?
What: Lily's Bistro
Where: 329 E. 5th St., Dayton
More info: (937) 723-7637 or lilysbistro.com
Parking: Is available in the free lot behind Omega Music until 4 p.m. daily. Limited free parking is available to the west side of the building.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.