These layoffs come amid announcements of about 100 Sears closures across the nation. No Sears stores in the region were shuttered, but other stores in Ohio including Cincinnati, Lima, Strongsville and Youngstown made the closure list.
The Illinois-based company took a $424 million first-quarter loss this year.
»BIZ BEAT: $250 Kroger coupon circulating on social media a fake; company warns don’t click on it
“We continue to fight every day to improve the performance of Sears Holdings,” Lampert said.
Sears has several locations in the Miami Valley, including anchor stores at the Dayton Mall, the Mall at Fairfield Commons and the Miami Valley Centre Mall in Piqua. There are more than 50 in Ohio.
Sears Holdings also operates Kmart. All local Kmart stores have closed.
FIVE FAST READS
• Kroger to open digital headquarters in Cincinnati
• Golden Nugget owners selling restaurant
• Are you an Amazon Prime member? Your Whole Foods bill will now be less
• PHOTOS: Historic Springboro luxury home for sale
• Basket maker Longaberger, parent file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy